INTERNATIONAL DECADE FOR PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT MARCH 2018 MEETINGS
INTERNATIONAL DECADE FOR PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT
MARCH 2018 MEETINGS
1) The International Decade for People of African Descent Summit in Guyana from March 8-11.
● Highlight issues facing African descendants and their communities.
● Establish a network of proactive African descendants, leaders, and policymakers who will be able to work together to implement creative solutions to the issues facing African descendants.
● Formulate national/regional steering committees to assist in the implementation of possible solutions to their national issues.
● Develop a Georgetown Declaration, and Program of Action to be executed by 2024.
2) The Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent 22nd Session in Geneva, Switzerland from March 19-23.
● In accordance with the Human Rights Council resolution 35/30 and the General Assembly resolution 69/16 on the program of activities for the implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, the Working Group of Experts on people of African descent, has decided to dedicate its 22nd session (19-23 March 2018) to preparing for the Intergovernmental Working Group discussion on the elaboration of a Draft Declaration on the promotion and full respect of human rights of people of African descent. Agenda attached separately.